Val, in my experience, is not just a personal trainer–he is an educator, a mentor, a motivator, knowledgeable and passionate about helping people achieve their health and fitness goals. He is honest and compassionate but willing to push your boundaries safely to get the best out of you, in your situation and circumstances, both mentally and physically. Teaching and guiding to a better way of living for long term health and planning for short term goals.
Three years ago, I was a clinically depressed and overweight empty nester who had lost direction and any sense of self. I asked Val to work with me, not sure what to expect, but knowing I had to do something to help myself. Val set out an initial exercise programme which he has adapted and changed as my body has become stronger. He has guided me towards healthier eating habits and identifying those bad habits of which I was blissfully unaware. He has helped me to understand that the mind and body need to work in harmony for full health. He pushes me beyond my self-imposed limitations so that I can train harder and better than I thought whilst keeping me grounded and realistic. My confidence in myself has soared. I no longer feel powerless. My days always feel better after training with Val. Now I am leaner, stronger and fitter and, more importantly for me, I no longer have to take medication for my mental health. I have started a new business and signed up for a mini triathlon in August. My view of health and fitness has changed completely. I enjoy feeling this way and want to keep healthy and strong through to my old age. It’s a lifestyle change, a journey and Val has helped me to embrace it.
As for cost – I spent fortunes on unused gym membership, dieting programmes, exercise gimmicks and achieved very little. With Val I do the work because I see the results, and because he comes to my home and I have no excuse!
- A training programme tailor made to MY goal and MY fitness levels
- Each session is different so I don’t get bored. Also Val knows I love Boxing so he will fit that in to my schedule so I can really enjoy my training.
- Detailed observation of my training technique to ensure I am doing moves correctly, to get maximum results and avoid injury.
- Guidance on healthy eating habits and how to fine tune to achieve a desired outcome
- Motivation, encouragement and training preparation for a specific event.
With Val I am in safe hands.