Valentine (Val for short) is a career certified personal trainer, TV trainer, strength coach, certified sports nutritionist, weight/fat loss specialist and post rehab specialist with 15+ years experience as a fitness professional. He is also a husband, father, and life long searcher of truth. His training style reflects his background in a diverse range of fitness disciplines, fusing together training styles such as Olympic lifts, kettlebell training, martial arts, yoga, sports-specific and speed-agility training, and specialized training for post-rehab and corrective exercise clients.
Valentine is unquestionably one of the best personal trainers and physical therapist in the UK. He is a master of fitness motivation and possesses a rare combination of deep fitness knowledge and a terrific ability to communicate what will change your perspective on fitness. His insights are highly-valued by the fitness industry and media, and his live presentations and workshops are not to be missed. In Jan 2012 Valentine featured in SKY1 show Obese: A YEAR TO SAVE MY LIFE as the personal trainer for Jack Gorny and with expert guidance lost close to 12stones. Following his success with Jack, he was recalled for the second series to train Sarah Le Broq in a show called FAT: A FIGHT FOR MY LIFE.
He is an expert at keeping the “person” in personal training and can quickly identify the most important parts of a fitness routine. A graduate of Future Fit Training & University of East London in Personal Training and Sports & Recreation, Coaching, as well as Weight Management, and Sports Nutrition. Valentine has been working as a certified trainer in the fitness industry since 2002.
Valentine is also a Sports Therapist having graduated from Thomas Danby College Leeds. Now specialising in Remedial Sports Massage, Rehab and Injury Prevention therapy.
His formal education coupled with a lifetime of competitive sports and a genuine hunger for health, fitness and strength & conditioning allows Valentine to provide sports specific training, body transformation programme, weight/fat loss & body sculpting, strength & conditioning training and various indoor and outdoor group fitness classes. Whichever approach is taken it is dynamic, depending entirely on the current requirements of the client utilising various tools such as Kettlebells, Power Hammers, Olympic Bars, Elite Rings to Power Bands. The current client list is varied from those wanting guaranteed weight/fat loss and toning – to athletes from the following sporting disciplines; MMA, Thai Boxing, Football, Rugby, Triathlon/Iron Man, Speed and Racket Sports.
Learning is part of life to Valentine. Alongside continuous reading of latest research papers both in strength & conditioning to nutrition, he also attends workshops from worlds top coaches and continues with obtaining formal certification:
- Precision Nutrition Certification Level 1: Scientifically proven system, has been tested with nearly 100,000 clients. Plus it’s been validated in 3 separate peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- MMA Conditioning and Speed Training Seminar with Coach Martin Rooney Training for Warriors (www.trainingforwarriors.com) and Parisi School of Speed (www.parisischool.com)
- Strength Seminar with Coach Matt Wichlinski TSS Athletics Strength Shop (www.tssathletics.com)
- Certified Kettlebell Instructor MAXBELLS – Steve Maxwell Strength & Conditioning (www.maxwellsc.com)
- Certified Kettlebell Teacher International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation (www.ikff.net) 2010 under Steve Cotter.
- Russian Kettlebell Training Seminar with Coach Andrew Stemler London Crossfit
- Grappling studying under instructor Dave Shaw
- Jeet Kune Do (JKD), Keysi Fighting Method (KFM), Progressive Fighting System (PFS), Jiu-Jitsu studied under Sifu John Hands
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu studied under Dave and Ian Butlin
- Jeet Kune Do (JKD) Seminar with Sifu Rick Faye
- Combat Submission Wrestling (CSW) Seminar with Erik Paulson
Relevant Academic Education:
Diploma in Holistic Therapy, Thomas Danby College Leeds
Diploma (VTCT) in Anatomy & Physiology, First Aid (Sports First Aid St. Johns Ambulance), Health and Safety, Swedish, Remedial/Deep Tissue Massage Techniques, Aromatherapy, Hot Stone Therapy, and Indian Head Massage
University of East London:
Certified Future Fit Personal Trainer & Advanced Instructor Level 3 (REPS)
Certified in Sport and Recreation S/NVQ Level 2, Coaching, Teaching and Instructing in the following:
Torso Training and Core Stability
Nutrition and Weight Management
Goal Setting – Mind Setting
Toning – strength gain & fat loss
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Strength & Conditioning Training
Sports Specific Training